Do you have an hour, maybe two (or more), in your schedule and are looking to contribute to a fun organization? Would you like to give in service to your community and be a part of history?
You can as a volunteer with the Parma Hilton Historical Society!
Please consider joining our all-volunteer force. No special skills are necessary or required. The only qualification is your desire to help. Match your skill-set or interest to any project below:
- Set up team and cookie refreshments at our 2nd Monday-of-the-Month local history presentations
- Scan historical documents for our growing digital collection
- Photograph and index our map collection
- Catalog the books in our library and add enter it in a database
- Transcribe recorded oral interview with some of our oldest residents recalling their lives and personal observations of our local history
- stay tuned for more to be added!
Are there items above you are interested in, but are unsure of how to work with a spreadsheet or computer? No worries – we will help you learn! After all, we had to learn, too.
For more information on how you can contribute, contact our museum curator, Ken Freeman, at 585-392-9496, and tell him you would like to volunteer.